Account Manager at Mdundo
Mdundo is Africa’s leading online music service. With 5,000,000 monthly users, music from 80,000 African musicians and 1.5m international songs available, Mdundo has experienced rapid growth in recent years and we are looking to expand even further!
Mdundo has a focus on 15 African countries and aims to grow to 18,000,000 users within the next two years. We offer millions of songs from Africa and abroad for free download and streaming directly from our website (mdundo.com) and Android app, including the newest releases, DJ mixes, playlists, podcasts and music news.
Mdundo’s core product is audio advertising. Our audio ads are played alongside songs downloaded from the Mdundo platform. These ads are integrated into the digital files downloaded from the website. This unique digital marketing product provides clients with the ability to place their brands next to the songs, artists and DJs their customers love.
As of September 2020, Mdundo is a publicly listed company with its shares listed on Nasdaq First North in Copenhagen. Mdundo’s main markets are Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria and Ghana with an increasing focus on Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Angola, Rwanda, Cameroon, Congo, Malawi, South Africa and Namibia.
Our values are: Honesty, Passion, Creativity, Leadership and Learning
About the role:
In support of Mdundo’s continued growth and expansion in Africa, the company is seeking Account Managers to drive the sale of Mdundo audio ads in new markets. Our Mdundo For Brands Account Managers will become part of a new team of African sales executives who will drive growth through sales of Mdundo audio ads to major clients across the continent.
The role will require a strong client network of senior contacts both in the leading marketing agencies as well as the top advertisers (brands) in Mdundo’s key territories. The ability to sell digital products to clients in support of their digital advertising campaigns will be critical to success for the Mdundo For Brands Account Manager.
Success will be measured by revenues generated on a monthly basis as well as meeting key performance indicators (KPIs) of weekly activity – calls, messages, meetings and presentations etc. Excellent account management and sales operations skills will be essential as the Account Manager will effectively be in charge of the delivery of sales and the management of key customer accounts and relationships in their territory.
Mdundo is offering a generous commission and remuneration package to incentivise and motivate a team of outstanding sales professionals.
The Mdundo For Brands Account Manager will be responsible for owning the client relationships in their territory. Mdundo is looking for Account Managers with expertise in one or more of the following sectors with the assumption that each Account Manager in a territory will take ownership of one of these sectors:
- Connectivity: (Telecommunication, Phone Brands, TV Providers)
- Financial Services: (Banks, Insurance, Loans)
- Alcoholic drinks: (Beers, Spirits)
- Non-Alcoholic drinks: (Soda, Juice, Milk)
- Consumer Products: (Food, Personal Care, Detergents etc.,Betting Companies)
- Building a sales pipeline of top brands and agencies within your focus industry.
- Driving sales within your industry of an expected $15,000 / month.
- Campaign execution and reporting to the clients.
- Establish relationships with top advertisers and agencies.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in marketing, digital media & branding.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in sales and pipeline management.
- Proven track record of driving sales and revenue growth.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and paid media.
- Network within the advertising and marketing landscape.
- Analytical mindset that seeks to understand client needs and challenges.
- Passion for African music and the music industry.