Actuarial Officer Position
A start-up consulting firm seeks a self-motivated and versatile Actuarial Officer with excellent business acumen in actuarial science. In this position, you will liaise with stakeholders to secure businesses and work on financially related projects. You should have in-depth understanding of the finance and insurance market, sell the company’s business lines, be able to work independently and perform well under pressure.
Actuary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect data, conduct data integrity checks and perform various analysis as required
- Use spreadsheets or other specialist software to complete data analysis tasks
- Prepare quarterly and annual actuarial valuations
- Assist in the preparation of solvency reports
- Apply business and economics knowledge to evaluate, manage, and advise company management on financial risks
- Implement statistical and mathematical modeling techniques to ascertain probability and weigh risks such as plausible liabilities
- Develop systems to comply with the regulatory requirements
- Attend to client relationship management with external stakeholders, investment managers, and financial directors
- Provide technical support to a team of actuaries, producing statistical reports and analysis
- write reports on your computations with results of your findings, and produce these reports in a format that non-specialists can understand
- Engage all stakeholders and partners of the company
- Ensure business development and sustainability
- Passion and drive to achieve actuarial qualification
Qualification Required and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, business, finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, or related field
- Prior experience in an actuarial role is an added advantage
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent numeracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- General knowledge of insurance, business and finance
- Familiarity with spreadsheets, databases, statistical analysis programs, and programming languages
- Oral and written communication skills – writing reports and slidepresentations.
- Ability to carry out statistical analysis, such as scanning and cleaning data and interpreting trends and relationships between data sets
- Ability to produce reports and summaries of data analyses that non-specialists can understand
- An aptitude for collaborative working
How to apply
Interested persons may submit relevant documents to the email in the more info section.
Note: Hieworks will in no way ask applicants to pay money in return for employment.
Use the report feature in the more info section to report any fraudulent Job