Applications Programmer at Waec
Applicants must possess a WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE/GCE Ordinary Level certificate with credits in at least five (5) subjects, including English Language and Mathematics
a First Degree in Bsc. Computer Science or a related field of study from a recognized University (Minimum, Second Class Lower). Any additional certification in a relevant area will be an added advantage.
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others in the Information Communication Technology Division:
- Develop, support, maintain and test software applications.
- Design, develop and implement various business-related applications.
- Implement specific initiatives and projects.
- Ensure implementation of software applications.
- Develop and implement data migration and or data interface processes.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogramme, update and add new features.
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code.
Applicants must not be more than forty (40) years old at the time of applying.
Applicants must have at least three (3) years relevant post qualification experience in a reputable institution.
- Ability to recognize the needs of customers and create new applications that answer those needs.
- Adept in computer languages and must have good technical know-how.
- Creative to invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications.
- Strong organisation and decision-making skills to ensure all applications function together to move projects forward.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership.
- Good organisational and co-ordination skills and be a result oriented person.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with coders, teammates and managers.
How to apply
Interested persons may submit relevant documents using the link in the more info section