About the role
As Auto electricians at UB, you work with private, commercial and industrial vehicles of all types, including cars, motorbikes, vans and camper vans, as well as heavier vehicles, such as trucks, HGVs, buses and coaches.
An auto electrician is an automotive industry professional who specializes in the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical and electronic systems in accessories in cars and other motor vehicles.
Auto electricians work on the components of a vehicle’s electrical system (battery, starter motor, alternator, fuse box, wiring and connectors), as well as on all of the other electrical equipment and accessories in a vehicle, such as headlights, anti-theft alarms, GPS devices, air conditioning systems, central locking, digital dashboard displays, electric wing mirrors and electric seats. As Auto electricians at UB, you work with private, commercial and industrial vehicles of all types, including cars, motorbikes, vans and camper vans, as well as heavier vehicles, such as trucks, HGVs, buses and coaches.
As an auto electrician, your work will be divided into essentially three main areas:
- Repairing damaged or faulty electrical parts
- Installing new systems and equipment
- Carrying out routine maintenance.
- Performing electronic diagnostics on cars and other vehicles to identify faults
- Repairing electrical and electronic faults in cars and motor vehicles, replacing damaged/faulty parts where necessary
- Performing checks and tests to verify the success of repair work
- Assembling and installing electrical and electronic systems in motor vehicles\
- Preparing time and cost estimates for customers
- Performing routine revision and maintenance on motor vehicles
Qualification and Requirements
- Certificate or Diploma in Auto Electrician
- 3 plus years of record experience
- Auto electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Knowledge of diagnostics tools for vehicle electrical and electronics
- Ability to read electrical and electronic schematics and circuit diagrams
- Ability to carry out/repair electrical wiring in a range of vehicles
- Strong manual skills and precision when carrying out repair and testing
- Organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Problem-solving skills
Salary: Attractive Package. Accommodation on selected days at the property
How to apply
Interested persons may submit relevant documents to the email in the more info section.
Note: Hieworks will in no way ask applicants to pay money in return for employment.
Use the report feature in the more info section to report any fraudulent Job