Business Development Manager at NutriPride Foods
NutriPride Foods Africa Inc. is a newly launched Canadian social venture that improves school meals in Africa, starting in Ghana. We will operate a digital platform where school caterers can buy an affordable and balanced meal plan and get the associated ingredients delivered directly from local farmer groups. This venture was established on the founder's experience of working with schools in Ghana that provided low varieties of food to school children. We work to provide more variety of fresher ingredients more affordably to the school caterers and children. Our mission is to make school feeding more balanced, profitable and easier, to realize our vision of a world without hunger and malnutrition.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
This is a great opportunity for a skilled and compassionate Business Development Manager to join a dynamic startup and build this exciting and socially impactful venture together as part of the core team. You will be in charge of designing business strategies and managing all day-to-day operations in Ghana to kickstart the business operation and guarantee company efficiency.
Superb and multicultural interpersonal and leadership skills are vital for this role, as good teamwork is important for our business success. Suitable candidates should also be excellent written and verbal communicators, and possess the ability to identify opportunities for growth.
Most importantly, you should be passionate about child welfare and food and nutrition security.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a growth role where the opportunity grows as the business grows. The successful candidate will initially start as a contract manager and grow into a full-time role as s/he successfully contributes to the business growth. The major roles and responsibilities include:
- Develop sales and marketing plan
- Develop a hiring plan according to the developed sales and marketing plan
- Assess and identify new opportunities for growth in current and prospective markets.
- Generate sales from private schools and other prospective clients
- Forge necessary partnerships
- Strategize and supervise product development
- Recruit and train new employees.
- Perform regular employee evaluations to determine areas of improvement.
- Design business strategies and plans to meet the company goals.
- Make sure that the company has sufficient resources such as personnel, material, and equipment.
- Develop a comprehensive company budget and perform periodic budget analyses.
- Ensure all company activities adhere to legal guidelines and policies.
- Assess overall company performance.
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Respond to phone and email inquiries
- Process sales transactions
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, sales or relevant field
- Additional educational qualification in public health, nutrition, food systems or other relevant fields is an asset.
- At least 2 years of experience as a business development manager, sales manager or a relevant role where team management was involved
- Extensive work experience in Ghana
- Proven sales track record
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in English
- Experience in customer support
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
- Outstanding leadership abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of the latest business policies and regulations
- Demonstrable analytical thinking & business insight
- Experience managing international teams
- International study or work experience
- Knowledge of and work experience with school systems
- Knowledge of and work experience with food systems
- Work experience in a startup environment
- Work experience in other ECOWAS member states
Good to have:
- Working knowledge of French
- CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) proficiency
- Passion for food and nutrition security and child welfare.
- Legally entitled to work and currently reside in Ghana.
- Able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
How to apply
Intersted persons may submit applications to the email in the more info section
- Resume/CV (include LinkedIn URL)
- One-page summary of a sales strategy you would implement at NutriPride (Use the link below and other resources as references)