Director of Communications at Ghana Statistical Service
To provide leadership, technical and operational direction for the implementation of the programmes and activities related to Communication and Dissemination Directorate(CDD).The Post holder shall develop a Communications Strategy to support the dissemination of official statistics in Ghana, deepen collaboration with its key stakeholders and deliver transformational change.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The specific responsibilities of the Director of CDDare asfollows:
- Provide clear and visionary leadership and management of communications professionals and their teams, to ensure that activities of the directorate are coherent with wider organisational objectives.
- Oversee the implementation of activities and plans for the Directorate, including media and public relationships, library, records and archives, infographics and visualization, editorial and publishing, and data services in accordance with the needs of the strategy of the Service;
- Guide and direct the development of acommunications and dissemination strategy to educate as well as enhance the image of the Service;
- Develop strategies for the marketing of GSS products and services;
- .Retool the Directorate to participate in the compilation and dissemination of GSS’s statistical outputs to enhance visibility of the work of the Service;
- Retain oversightresponsibilityof all communication content, including social media content, ensuring coherence and consistency of message and alignment with the institution’s strategic objectives;
- Conceptualise and write creative content for internal and external publications like speeches, presentations, media messaging, newsletters, website content, editorial-style articles, briefingnotes, video and radio scripts
- Lead on stakeholder relations, including key account relationships,National Advisory Committee for the Producers and Users of Statistics, reviving the stakeholder function, and devising a systematic programme of targeted engagement which meets the needs of the Government Statistician and the GSS Board;
- Coordinate the organization of statistical literacy programmes for key stakeholders and the general public;
- .Plan and supervise GSS Press Releases, Press Conference and briefings, seminars, workshops and other events
- k.Facilitate foreign travel and other protocol arrangements;
- Coordinate the design and development of publicity/communication materials supporting statistical enquiries, and products and services from the activities of the Service;
- Coordinate the updating of the indicators in the GhanaInfo,CountryState, Accelerated Data Programme (ADP), CensusInfo, Integrated Management Information System (IMIS) and other databases;
- Prepare and submit quarterly, annual and other periodic reports on the Communicationand Dissemination Directorate
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution with specialization in any of the following disciplines: Statistics, Demography/Population Studies, Economics, Mathematics, Social Sciences and related fields;
- Post graduate degree/certificate in communications, journalism, public relations or other related field;
- Minimum of (10) years post-first degreequalification relevant work experience, (5) years of which must be in a senior management position in a reputable statistical or research Institution;
- Extensive experience in public relations and advocacy.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Planning and organisationalskills
- Good knowledge of the Statistical Service Law, 2019 (Act 1003)
- Strong leadership, networking, monitoring and management skills
- Proven experience in building, coaching, and mentoring a team and capacity to inspire and motivate staff
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketingg.Adaptability and flexibility to change.
- Capability in statistical analysis and report writing
- Information management skills
- Knowledge of Public Financial Management Act, Act 921; Internal Audit Agency Act (IAA), 2003, Act 658; Public Procurement Act (PPA) 2003, Act 663 and the Labour Act (LA), 2003, Act 651.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are to submit six copies of the following set of documentsto the address below:
- An application letter which gives evidence of examples of experience based on the enumerated selection criteria;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with contact telephone numbers, e-mail address and three referees, including contact details;
- Internal candidates must have two satisfactory Staff Performance Appraisal Reportsfor immediate past years
- A vision statement of a maximum length of two pages;
- Brief Statement of job responsibilities in current/latest post;
- Copies of sample writing, i.e., project report, analytical report, proposals, etc;
- Any other relevant information
Soft copies of document may be submitted to the email in the more info section.
GHANA STATISTICAL SERVICE GOVERNING BOARD
P.O. BOX GP 1098ACCRA