Health / Hospital Administrator
The Healthcare Services Ghana invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Health Services Administrator/Hospital Administrator
REPORTING TO: Medical Director
To be responsible for the smooth running of health administration, have oversight responsibility over support services within the health facility and contribute to effective financial management in the facility.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for day-to-day general administration of the health institution;
- Ensure the provision of all support services necessary for quality healthcare delivery;
- Direct, supervise and evaluate the work activities of administrative, maintenance and other support service staff;
- Set performance objectives for administrative and support services units in the health institution;
- Implement and monitor policies procedures and performance standards for administrative and other support staff for quality health service delivery;
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process of the facility in accordance with the approved guidelines;
- Monitor the efficient use of health resources and report on them;
- Monitor and report on the implementation of plans and budgets;
- Coordinate and collate annual work plans and periodic operational reports on service delivery;
- Support resource mobilization for the health facility;
- Ensure regular provision of utility services such as water, electricity, telecommunication and waste management services;
- Implement established processes, procedures and structures for disaster preparedness, health and safety, and general security of the Health Facility
- Facilitate the orientation, appraisal and training of all personnel in the Facility
- Promote the implementation of the patient charter, code of ethics and disciplinary procedures, and other relevant legislation relevant to the conduct of the business of the Health facility.
- Engage all relevant stakeholders in relation to NHIA, HEFRA to ensure compliance and valid status at all times.
- Plan, implement, manage and ensure maintenance of physical assets of the Health Services directorate to prevent untimely breakdown of buildings, equipment, transport and other assets of the directorate;
- Ensure maintenance of a healthy and aesthetic environment for the personnel and clients of the Health facility;
- Put in place security measures to ensure adequate physical security and safeguarding of assets including protection of patients and staff in all facilities of the Health services Directorate; Coordinate asset data management;
- Monitor and ensure the implementation of various agreements between the Health Facility and its business partners as relate to the organization;
- Plan, advocate and implement Programmes for the strategic development of the Health Facility;
- Conduct operational research within the administrative and support services and ensure its
- Train and supervise the activities of staff, interns and trainees in the facility;
- Perform any other official duty assigned by the Medical Director;
- Coordinate with relevant units of the Health facility for recruitment, selection, induction and retention of all cadre of staff; and Work with the Medical Director to establish a quality assurance systems for the Health facility.
Required Skills or Experience
- B.Sc. Degree in Administration (Health Services Option) or Business Administration, Accounting and Finance
- Masters Degree in a Healthcare related field is an added advantage
- Applicant must preferably be a member of a relevant recognized professional body.
- Strong I.T Background (Proficient in MS Office Suite and Accounting
- A minimum of five (5) years cumulative service at the grade of Health Services Administrator. Evidence of continuing professional development and training in management.
- Proven strong strategic leadership track record
- Must exhibit high sense of work ethics and diligence
- Must have proven capacity to motivate and inspire staff and students
- A Practicing Christian with strong and ethical moral values.
How to apply
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack via email to
The application pack should contain the following:
- A Cover/Motivation letter
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae.
- iii. Copies of academic and professional certificates.
- Reference letters from Three persons and two church pastors (compulsory)
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE Applications should reach the Medical Director not later than the close of day on Friday, 18th September, 2020. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.