A reputable 4 star hotel located at the Airport Residential Area in Accra is looking for Human Resource Manager.
The Human Resources Manager essentially is responsible for the general human resources (HR) functions of the Hotel. The human resources manager is responsible for planning and implementation of the hotel’s HR strategies and policies.
The specific areas are HR strategic management, recruitment, training & employee development, performance management, welfare administration, Health and Safety, Security and any other tasks that may be assigned by management.
- Develop the following:
- HR strategy and manual.
- HR annual plan.
- Conditions of service
- Manpower plan for the year is updated
- Recruitment policy
- Compensation and Total Rewards Program
- Performance Management System
- Job descriptions and Key Performance indicators (KPI)
- Employee Training and Development
- Welfare plan and policy
- Health and safety policy
- Security Policy
- ICT Policy
- Ensure HR Management Information System (pro-soft) is fully operational and utilized efficiently.
- Assist and attend to all staff queries and submit to General Manager and Chief
- Executive Officer, if needed
- Ensure proper filing is carried out for all staff files and any other human resources related matter
- Proper use of company’s properties and assets
- Ensure proper management of leave, sick leave, absenteeism, casual leave, maternity leave, etc.
- Ensure a high retention rate of employees
- To ensure that KPIs are met completely and on time.
A – STRATEGY AND MANUAL
- Develop and submit the Human Resources annual plan
- Review and submit conditions of service, Manpower Plan, Human Resources Policy,
- Performance Management Policy, Training Policy, Health and Safety, Welfare Plan and
- Policy as and when required.
- Develop and submit Human Resources budget on a yearly basis to General Manager and Chief Executive Officer
- Human Resources Manager should continuously search and research, the current HRIS system is always in line with the latest market trend in the HR Industry.
B – ANNUAL PLAN
- Develop the following in the HR annual plan
- Organization Culture and Values
- Annual human resource budget
- Manpower levels and staff cost
- New recruitment
- Employee orientation and onboarding
- Employee training and development
- Turnover rate analysis and strategy
- Leave administration
- Employee rewards and welfare program
C – RECRUITMENT
- Identify recruitment needs
- Advertise internally or externally
- Shortlist and screen the CVs received
- Conduct interviews and submit report
- Send email offer to candidate
- Background check for selected candidates
- Employment Contract
- Candidate to complete employee data form and submit mandatory documents
- Conduct orientation and onboarding
B – TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Training needs analysis
- Identify internal and external training resource
- Annual Training plan and budget
- Quarterly training schedule
- Facilitator to submit report on individual training course
- Submit weekly and monthly reports to Management
- Issue certificate and update employee record
C – PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Ensure at the beginning of each year department heads should set target for all staff based on each staff job description and submit to Human Resources Manager
One month before the appraisal is due, Human Resources Manager should send out the appraisal form to the respective department heads.
- Based on the job description, appraisals will be conducted quarterly or bi-annually.
- Ensure that all completed performance appraisal forms are reviewed and signed by the person to whom the appraising manager reports to and are then submitted to the Human Resources department for all quarterly and bi-annually appraisal
For all end of year appraisal, and for those whose staff who did not meet their target, human resources manager should ensure that an improvement plan is submitted
- Enter all the appraisal details are entered in pro-soft and file in the respective staff files
D – STAFF WELFARE
- Ensure a conducive work environment (clean and functional offices / staff cafeteria / changing rooms etc.) at all times
- Maintain an harmonious relations between management and workers through an effective open communication channels
- Ensure that employee’s grievance if any are addressed diligently as stipulated in HR Manual.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the leave of employees
- Ensure that all employees have their respective uniforms and name tags
- Ensure that the Staff Durbar is carried out on the last Friday of every month, and the invitation is rolled out one week ahead
- Ensure that all staff birthdays are published in the staff notice board at the beginning of each month
- Assist the welfare committee to implement their program
Coordinate any other hotel staff events such as end of year party, sports events,
- Independence Day celebration, Labor Day Celebration, etc.
- Ensure heads of department / section submit their Employee of the Month nomination by 15th of the month and carry out the voting for Employee of the month for the hotel before the 20th of every month
E – PAYROLL
- Payroll closing date if without fail on the 20th of every month
Compile and submit the attendance sheet monthly and submit to finance to process the monthly payroll
- Ensure Finance Manager submit payment advise for payroll should be submitted to General Manager and Chief Executive Officer before the 25th of every month
F – HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure staffs are wearing their appropriate gears and taking the necessary precautionary measures surrounding their work
- Ensure employees are provided with the Phoenix Health insurance card
- Ensure that all the F&B staff kitchen and restaurant have their food handler’s certificate
- Ensure a minimum of 20 % of the employee are trained as First Aid Champions
- Ensure all the first aid boxes are equipped with all the necessary aids.
- All new employees should have a medical test conducted by the hotel’s recommended health facility, and the medical report is filed accordingly in their respective files
- A minimum of a Masters Degree from a recognized university
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a similar position
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and heads of the various departments
- Sound knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work commitments
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Great Team player
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
How to apply
Interested persons may submit relevant documents to the email in the more info section.
Note: Hieworks will in no way ask applicants to pay money in return for employment.
Use the report feature in the more info section to report any fraudulent Job