Legal and Compliance Manager
- Under the general direction of the Managing Director, ensure the company functions in a legal and ethical manner while meeting its business goals. Provide legal support and represent the company in certain civil litigations and to perform the following corporate duties:
- Provide legal advice and regulatory advice and support to management and staff.
- Develop compliance programs, review company policies, and
- Identify legal risk and advise management on appropriate control framework to alleviate risks to ensure business continuity
- Conduct of legal research and/or opinions and provide legal update on modern trends on arbitration, conciliation and mediation
- Handle corporate legal processes such as transactions, acquisitions and other legal documents and procedures
- Advise on civil matters that should be directed to external counsel.
- Liaise with and assist external Counsel in the discharge of their obligation
- File oppositions in matters where title is being passed or property is being encumbered and there are arrears due and payable to the Company.
- Advise on statutory compliances.
- Research and prepare legal opinions on various civil matters including claims for compensation against the Company.
- Draft and/or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
- Submit quarterly work reports to Management and the Board of Directors.
- Submit quarterly reports on targets achieved together with an appraisal report to the Deputy Managing Director
- Maintain, a database of the status of all court matters involving the Company.
- Represent the Company at Arbitration and Public Utilities Commission hearings.
- Advise on the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies.
- Draft, amend, review and/or recommend modifications to laws and regulations governing the Company.
- Provide sound legal advice to the Company and make recommendations to Management as necessary.
Qualification Required and Experience
- A good university degree in Law
- Must be called to practice at the Ghana Bar with at least 2 years’ proven experience in a similar role.
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in a business environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and civil procedure
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Should be an excellent team player and possess good knowledge in all recent developments.
How to apply
Interested persons may submit relevant documents to the email in the more info section.
Note: Hieworks will in no way ask applicants to pay money in return for employment.
Use the report feature in the more info section to report any fraudulent Job