Mid-Level Software Engineer
The National Inspectorate Board (NIB) is one of the autonomous bodies established by the Education Act 778, of 2008 under the Ministry of Education to set and enforce standards in all public and private pre-tertiary schools in Ghana. The agency is looking for a Mid-level Software Engineer to provide leadership in the design, development and management of the Board’s computer systems and software.
NB: This job offering is solely on a contract basis with the possibility of extension.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with staff to understand the Board’s business processes and then develop and execute interventions to address identified business problems
- Design and code databases that meet the Board’s database architecture goals and can be used in a range of capabilities
- Make use of open source tools to augment the Board’s database architecture
- Create well-documented, clean and simple Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Develop and manage a cloud-based infrastructure that will store the Board’s data
- Design, develop and implement test cases based on functional and non-functional requirements to ensure continuous deployment and availability of the Board’s systems.
- Provide technical and technological support to the Board’s internal and external clients by assessing and troubleshooting complaints made and devising corresponding steps to resolve issues
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- Experience in software development and programming in a language such as C, C++, C#, Java/JS, Python, Angular JS, etc.
- Experience in using different relational databases such as SQL, Firebase and Postgres and operating systems like Windows, Linux, Android and iOS
- Knowledge of relevant IT applicationsStrong front end, back end and mobile development exposure.
- Highly motivated and passionate in developing new products
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- High integrity and good ethical standard
- Knowledge in administrative procedures
- Good report writing skills
- Willing to work in a team of diverse people