Regional Financial Manager
Manage the accounting and financial management processes including Business Control complianc within West Africa structure in order to provide management with accurate and useful information for decision making.
- Overall management of the management/accounting/ business controlling department for Wes Africa finance functions.
- Ensure compliance within Saint Gobain’s financial procedures (Group Doctrine)
- Lead analysis of monthly costs to ensure alignment with Budget or RF.
- Create, coordinate and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the entity to include budgeting, quarterly (Rolling Forecasting) and LRP
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the entity
- Ensure compliance with local and statutory budgetary reporting requirements
- Overall responsibility for the integrity of the West African entities, trial balances, including review and authorisation of general ledger reconciliations
- Develop and implement finance, accounting billing and auditing procedures
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal/business control environment
- Interact with BU Head to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports and recommendations
- Analyse financial statements to identify potential opportunities and issues
- Monthly Reporting
- Challenge and understanding BU results,
- Coaching and supporting team in reporting and analysis, synthesis of results
- All such duties and/or activities assigned by management/board as and when required.
- Result analysis though extraction tool, then monthly review and elaborate 10 lines comments per businesses as well as the monthly CFO comments for Group.
- Communication of the monthly flash result to CFO
- Preparation of the monthly result presentation for the CFO about regional performance
- Annual business review and B&S Review per businesses.
- Guide, training and support on new acquisition on Group Reporting and tools.
- Interface with Headoffice GIM regional financial controller.
- Coordination of Budget and LRP with GIM businesses.
Business Control Compliance
- Manage Compliance
- Produce and implement policies
- Provide training where necessary
- Mitigate compliance risks
- Provide legal and compliance risk management
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Liaise with the relevant departments to ensure that where legal and compliance risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken
- Provide assistance to business in managing reputational risk in relation to legal and compliance affairs
- Qualified CA/ CIMA or Honours Degree (preferably B.Com Accounting)
- MBA (added advantage)
- 3- 5 Years experience in a manufacturing business would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in an ERP system environment, preferably SAP-B1
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including IFRS
- Knowledge of automated financial and reporting systems
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Computer Literacy (MS Office and SAP-B1)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Structural planning skills
- Resilience and stress management
- Excellence / Quality Orientation
- Drive and results oriented
- Building strategic relationships / Networking
- Business insight and Risk Awareness
- Anticipating and managing Change
- Problem Solving
- Judgement and decision-making
- Conceptual / big picture thinking
How to apply
Interested persons may apply using the link in the more info section.
Note: Hieworks will in no way ask applicants to pay money in return for employment.
Use the report feature in the more info section to report any fraudulent Job