Security Manager at DVLA
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) is searching for a qualified candidate for the position of Security Manager
REPORTS TO: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, ADMIN/HR
Direct the Authority’s security functions, including physical security and safety of employees, facilities, and assets
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement physical security measures to protect assets and
- Develop and implement security policies, procedures and standards to minimize the risk associated with crime personnel of the Authority
- Conduct security and safety audits to ensure compliance
- Undertake investigation into security related incidents.
- Monitor and ensure the efficient functioning of Electronic Security Equipment (Biometric Access control systems, fire fighting equipment. CCTV system)
- Liaise with the local enforcement agencies to assist the Authority in any act of urgency
- Ensure the efficient functioning of Fire Safety Equipment Supervise the activities of and performance of the Zonal Officers.
- Monitor and ensure the efficient performance of the security guards.
- Advise management on security issues in respect of services provided by the Authority
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned
Qualification Required & Experience
- Minimum of 1st Degree in Social Science or security related disciplines from an accredited institution
- Professional qualification in Security Management,
- A Minimum of five (5) years post qualification relevant work experience
- Membership of relevant professional body will be an added advantage
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding of crime management
- Strong Knowledge of security risk management. Knowledge in fire prevention and control
- Strong Report writing skills
- Demonstrable leadership and supervisory abilities
- Strong Knowledge in Public Administration and Public Policy Analysis Good knowledge in contract negotiations Strong project and operations management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Knowledge in Computing and Financial Resource Management.
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Must Have A valid driver’s licence.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send their cover letters and CVs to the address provided below.
Manager, Resourcing, Learning & Development
Jawaharlal Nehru Road
P O BOX 9379
Kia – Accra
Or Email: [email protected]